Megan Shoulder Bag
Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
This is an easy make and can be made with or without piping and wadding to suit your own taste. It is a handy size shoulder bag with two internal pockets one with a zip pockets to keep your purse or phone safe. It has a flap secured by a magnetic snap plus a zip across the main bag opening for extra security.
This is an ideal project for using up that special scrap of left-over fabric with its front feature panel. It has three different fabrics; a main, a feature and a lining.
We have used square strap carriers to attach the strap which gives a professional finish. There are many styles of bag furniture available in an array of finishes from ultra-modern to antique.
As usual with our patterns the use of wadding is optional but does make for a more substantial finish. This example was made using a combination of leatherette and cotton woven fabrics.
- Main Fabric (Outer) 0.5m (1/2yd)
- Contrast Fabric (Feature) 1 Fat Qtr or scrap
- Lining 0.75m (¾ yd)
- Polyester Wadding 0.5m (½ yd) (optional)
- Medium Weight Iron-on Interfacing or preferred Interfacing 0.25m (¼ yd)
- 4mm Ready-made piping (or 4mm cord if making your own) 3m (3 ¼ yd) (optional)
- 1 zip 30cm (12”)
- 1 zip 6”
- Additional fabric if making own piping 1 Fat Quarter
- Basting spray - available from Amazon or other retailers optional
- 2 x 25mm - 1” Square Strap Carriers
- 1 Magnetic Snap
- 2 Chicago screws - optional
Finished bag is approx It measures 30cm wide by 23cm tall (12" x9")
Secure and Robust for daily use