Lily Shoulder Bag
Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
The Lily Bag is a nice bag to make with well illustrated step by step instructions. This bag measures 22" by 14" and has straps long enough to put over your shoulder. It has a large pocket front and back and two internal pockets one with a zip.
Ideally a firm woven fabric will produce the best result with this pattern. We loved the Alex Henry fabric 'Zen Charmer' and it made a striking version of the bag. The tulip fabric is a fine needlecord by Robert Kaufman and worked really well as did the denim.
This design is perfect for mixing and matching fabrics. When you are choosing your fabrics consider how the colours are going to work together. Imagine how a print will look. a good tip is to choose a plain colour to go with a print that features that colour.
There is an opportunity to use bag furniture on this bag, buckle loops - the square strap carriers - look particularly good. When choosing buckle loops look at scale they should be no more than 1" wide to carry the strap.
- Medium weight interfacing 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Contrast 1 plain Tulip Print1/2yd of 45" wide
- Main fabric Lime green1/2 yd of 45" wide
- Piping cord or Piping*11/2yd
- Zipper For internal pocket1 x 8"
- Lining 2/3rd yd of 45" wide
- Wadding**OPTIONAL 1/2yd of 45" wide**
- Contrast 2 plain navy1 fat quarter
- Matching or Contrast threads as desired
- Metal buckle loops OPTIONAL1" wide x 4
- Zipper For top opening1 x 14"
- A zipper foot - can also be used for piping.
Finished bag is approx 22" by 14"
Everyday Handbag with feature corner panels