Jill Shoulder Bag
Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
The Jill Bag is a stylish shoulder bag with two feature zip pockets on the front and a feature panel on the back. It has two internal pockets one with a zip and one left open that can be divided to suit a phone, pen, nail file, mirror or whatever you need.
The ideal fabric for this bag is a firm woven fabric with an even weave such as cotton. The grey and gold design shown has a main body of cotton fabric with a feature pocket fabric by Robert Kaufman. It has contrast leather piping and brass zips.
The style of this bag allows you to make different choices and create a unique item. Make the pockets from a great contrast fabric. The piping gives another area for contrast and detail we have used imitation leather on one of the samples and stripey on the other.
If you want to give your bag a professional finish you can invest in up market 'bag furniture' e.g. metal buckle loops and brass zips. These can give your bag that 'shop bought' look.
- Wadding 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Contrast Gold/Grey 1/4 of 45" wide
- Main fabric Black/Grey 1/2 yd of 45" wide
- Lining 2/3 yd of 45" wide
- Heavy weight sew in interfacing 1/2yd of 45" wide
- For all one colour bag main fabric 2/3rd yd of 45" wide or 1/2yd of 60" wide
- Zipper For internal pocket 1 x 8"
- Metal buckle loops 1" wide x 4
- Piping cord or Piping 4yds
- Cotton - Matching threads or contrast colours for top stitching as desired
- Zipper For top opening 1 x 14"
- Zippers For front pockets 2 x 6" (length of teeth)
Finished bag is approx It measures 11" wide 10" high and 2"deep
Secure and Robust for daily use