Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
This practical and attractive child's back pack would be ideal for holidays, school, or visits to grandparents. It features elasticated sides at the top for when it is really full and an elasticated tab front fastener. The straps at the back are adjustable to allow for growth. This small back pack would be suitable for an adult if the back straps were made longer.
Suitable for firm fabrics with an even weave choose fabrics that are bold, subtle, try to imagine the end result. Is the back pack for a little boy or a little girl? do they have a favourite colour or character? make the bag to suit them. There are many character fabrics available that are based on children's TV shows. Bag furniture is widely available in plastic as shown on our sample but metal versions are also available in various finishes modern and antique in style.
- Main Fabric allow extra if matching a large pattern 1 x Fat Quarter
- Contrast Fabric 1/2yd or 0.5m
- Lining Fabric 1/2yd or 0.5m
- Elastic 1" wide 5" or 13cm long
- Piping ready-made if preferred * 1 & 1/2yds or 140cm
- Piping Fabric if making own piping* 1 x Fat quarter
- Piping Cord if making own piping* 1 & 1/2yds or 140cm
Finished bag is approx 12" wide 14" tall
Elasticated closure for when it's full of treasures.