Betty Shoulder Bag
Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
If you love machining this is a fun easy to make project, there is a lot of machining involved both assembling the patchwork and quilting it. It is a bag that is easily carried over the shoulder. It has a zip closure and an internal zipped pocket for extra security. On the front there is a feature pocket ideal for dropping your car keys in, but big enough for other items as well.
The bag is big enough for everyday items but also big enough for small items when shopping. The wadding used when quilting the bag makes it very robust and gives it shape, and it is fully lined.
This project lends itself to either splurging on a designer charm pack or alternatively there are so many pieces it is a great project for using up left over scraps of fabric.
- Main fabric 2/3rd yd of 45" wide
- Lining 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Wadding 1/2yd of 45" wide (optional)
- Medium weight interfacing 1/2yd of 45" wide (optional)
- Fabric to make piping 1/2yd of 45" wide (optional)
or Piping cord or Piping*3 1/2yds
- Metal buckle loops 1" wide x 4
- 8" internal pocket zipper (optional)
- Zipper 1 x 16"
- Cotton - Matching threads or contrast colours for top stitching as desired
Finished bag is approx 13" wide by 9" tall by 3" deep
Secure and Robust for daily use