Betty Shoulder Bag
Digital PDF Sewing Pattern
A shoulder bag with feature piping highlighting its curves and optional front pocket. The piping could be omitted for beginners although it’s easier than it looks. It has a choice of internal pockets with and without a zip, or both, and top zip closure.
This bag can be made from any close-woven non-stretch fabric (including vinyl) and allows the option of a contrast pocket or contrast straps. The large front pocket on the outside of the bag is ideal for a feature fabric print.
There is flexibility with the pattern. Optional items are; the piping, the zip closure and the metal bag furniture attaching the handle to the bag. We have used square metal strap connectors. The other embellishment this bag lends itself to would be to embroider or applique a design on the front pocket for a really unique finish.
Finished bag is approx 13″ wide by 9″ tall by 3″ deep
- Main fabric 2/3rd yd of 45" wide
- Lining 1/2yd of 45" wide
- Wadding 1/2yd of 45" wide (optional)
- Medium weight interfacing 1/2yd of 45" wide (optional)
- Fabric to make piping 1/2yd of 45" wide (optional)
or Piping cord or Piping*3 1/2yds
- Metal buckle loops 1" wide x 4
- 8" internal pocket zipper (optional)
- Zipper 1 x 16"
- Cotton - Matching threads or contrast colours for top stitching as desired
Finished bag is approx 13" wide by 9" tall by 3" deep
Secure and Robust for daily use